Alpha 3.0 is now on the PTU!
After a few Weeks of testing in the Evocati Phase, CIG suprisingly released the 3.0 Build to the PTU on Thuesday 23rd! Since now all 1st Wave testers, Subscribers, and Concierge Members have Access.
A Guide to Start into the 3.0 PTU from CIG:
To play Alpha 3.0, you must download and install the new PTU Launcher: https://install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0-ptu.25.exe. It features the Delta Patcher, which will drastically reduce the size of incremental game updates. You will also need to copy your account to the PTU. Here’s a refresher on how to do that:
1) Log on to the RSI website using your normal credentials.
2) Copy your account to the PTU by visiting the Settings section of your RSI account or going directly here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/account/copy/ptu. Following this step, you should receive an email with your PTU-specific password.
3) Download the PTU Launcher.
4) Launch the installer exe and follow the instructions on screen.
5) Log in to the PTU Launcher using your login ID and the PTU-specific password received in the email.
6) Make sure the “Live” channel is selected under the Star Citizen logo and download the latest build.
7) Enjoy Alpha 3.0!
Also it is now allowed to publicize/stream content, so that we can enjoy stunning ingame footage!
See you in the 3.0 Verse …